Thursday, March 18, 2010

Comfort CAN Be Stylish!!!

More shoe talk...it never gets old!

The other day, I was lunching with one of my favorite clients...my little sister! As we waited for our delicious (and humongous) omelettes to arrive, Tracy's shoes caught my eye. And they were FABULOUS!Tracy was wearing KEDS, of all things! KEDS! My memory of Keds always goes back to the original white canvas or leather sneakers with the telltale blue tag on the heel. Yet the shoes (pictured above) were completely unexpected. Black canvas with white trim and a checkerboard patterned wedge heel...adorable, comfortable, and so spring-y.

It goes to show all those makeover candidates on "What Not to Wear" who cling to their sweats and ratty sneaks that comfort and style go together like peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff. When you put in the time and effort to finding flattering pieces, it doesn't stop at your feet. Treat them well so that when the time comes to bring out the stilettos, you don't do too much damage :)

To purchase Tracy's shoes:
http://www.zappos.com/keds-midnight-black-gingham

What Not to Wear Official Site:
http://tlc.discovery.com/fansites/whatnottowear/whatnottowear.html

1 comment:

  1. That's what I need - I HATE my feet to be uncomfortable, they cramp up and then the rest of my body hurts! I may have to check out Zappos (I've heard about them!)

    ReplyDelete