Friday, October 15, 2010

Your Fashion Influences: Raiding ___________'s Closet



This week, I've been asking folks on Facebook to tell me their greatest style influences. Be it on the big screen, real life, or somewhere in between, people have responded with some great answers so far!

Today's topic is about wardrobes as a whole. We look up to certain people because they seem to posses an innate sense of style, an ability to make even a trip to the grocery store seem like an occasion to dress up. When I asked "If you could steal anyone's wardrobe, it would be ________________________," posters responded as such:

"I would definitely steal Beyonce's wardrobe.. She always has the most fabulous designer pieces!" (Magda T.)


"Joss Stone!" (Samantha O.)


"Hands down - Victoria Beckham. Imagine all those shoes and handbags!" (Jennifer S.)


"Kat Von D. Love the hair and the rockstar outfits. She's not afraid to dress how she likes." (Holly B.)


"Dita Von Teese and Christina Hendricks. They have such ladylike glamour, and they're fair-skinned like I am, so I know what I'd be 'borrowing' would look good on me!" (Jamie, blog author)



"I would steal the wardrobe from the main character in the French film 'Amelie.' Audrey Tautou looked fabulous - somehow boho, simple, girly,and natural all at the same time with a big dose of French chic thrown in." (Julia V.)


"SJP!" (Brenda M.)


"I would steal [IADT professor] Kathleen Haines-Finley's wardrobe, but I would have to steal her body too! :)"(Monica P.)


"Jackie Kennedy." (Regina K.)


"Reese Witherspoon or Jennifer Garner...they always looked pulled together and stylish, even when casual." (Cathy J.)




Great style inspirations and even greater closets to raid! Thanks for the input, ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment