Monday, September 14, 2009

More U2 musings..let's talk about Bono's hair


"How's my hair?"


Several friends have told me they really enjoyed how Sunday's entry brought pop culture (via U2) to the blog, so I decided to do a short and sweet "day after" post about U2. This time, let's talk about a different sort of style: hair-style.

As you can guess from yesterday's post, I am a great admirer of Bono. I think his sense of style is always appropriate, and distinctive without being outlandish. His "lea-thuh" and shades (see yesterday's entry) suit him to a T.

I have mixed feelings about his new cropped 'do, though.

Bono's hair has only been super-short twice: during the Popmart tour era ('96-98), and at present (about 2006-now). For visual reference...


LEFT: Bono in 1997, almost a dead-ringer for Elvis Costello

RIGHT: Bono in Long Beach, CA in 2008, smiling for the ladies at the annual Women's Conference



My ultimate "Bono hair" preference would probably be Bono's dark locks in the "Achtung Baby" (1990-1993) era. Likely, this is because "Achtung Baby" was what really got me listening to U2, and I was instantly drawn to the look of videos such as "Mysterious Ways" and "One."

And if I may say, he looked quite attractive in both videos :) Judge for yourself below...

No comments:

Post a Comment